Eric Flannum and Colin Johanson of ArenaNet graced our Twitch TV screens today for about half an hour to discuss Guild Wars 2′s end game. There were a couple reveals including Legendary Weapons and they took a few questions. Some major points that were brought up:
- The whole game is the end game. Whatever activities you choose to level with are still the focus when you hit the level cap.
- Questing zones don’t end at 80; there’s still a lot of PvE content in high level zones after most players will max out their level.
- The 8 dungeons split apart into over 25 explorable dungeon paths, effectively creating 25 dungeons.
- You never stop gaining experience. Once you’ve hit 80, you’ll be able to keep farming experience and “level up” to gain another skill point. These skill points are the same ones that can be used to purchase skills, but also are used to buy items from a vendor for use in the Mystic Forge.
- With the side-kicking system in place, ANet plans to update the whole world with new content all the time, not just the high level zones. This includes the addition of new Dynamic Events, dungeons, and more.
- There will be Holiday Events; two examples given were Wintersday and the Mad King (a Halloween event).
- Legendary weaponsare an endgame goal for players.
- They’ll take a long time and a lot of effort to make, but have some of the coolest skins in the game.
- One example of a legendary weapon is a hammer called the Juggernaut that covers your character in liquid metal. Each step your character takes leaves a small liquid metal imprint on the ground.
- These weapons aren’t going to be just bought; you’ll have to earn certain components of their creation through actually playing the game.
If you’d like to watch the replay, check it out here.