As promised, I’ll start this week by sharing four more structured PvP games as a Warrior… links are below:
This week I also want to start a trait build introduction. Rather than giving you polished builds I use (which I will do after the third beta weekend), I would like to explain how I create new builds. The subject of this week is Warrior adrenaline generation.
When you start thinking about a build, you have to take care of your damage output, your survivability, your support tools, your weapons, etc. Among them is the way you will generate adrenaline and how much you need to generate.
There are 5 ways to gain adrenaline: Hitting your opponent(s), using one of your ultimates, using any of two utility skills, using some weapon skills and using some traits.
- Signet of rage passive will give you a good amount of adrenaline over time.
- Signet of fury will give 100% adrenaline (30 adrenaline strike).
- Berserker stance will give 100% adrenaline over 20 sec.
- Both the sword and mace block ability will generate around 5 adrenaline strike if you are not attacked.
- Some skills have a high adrenaline income such as whirling axe and hundred blades.
- Arms tree, trait number 6 has a 50% chance on crit to give you 1 extra adrenaline strike.
- Defense tree, trait number 1 gives you 1 adrenaline strike each time you are hit.
- Discipline tree – trait number 2 gives you extra adrenaline each time you kill someone (works only IG).
- Discipline tree – trait number 4 gives you extra adrenaline while using a shout.
- Discipline tree – trait number 9 gives you extra adrenaline each time you crit with an axe.
- A minor trait in discipline gives you 5 strikes of adrenaline each weapon swap.
You also have to question yourself about the amount of adrenaline you need. You might not want to use both of your weapons adrenaline abilities, or you may consider one of those really situational. Maybe you have weapons that do not require 30 strikes of adrenaline while the first level of the skill feels like it generates enough. Or maybe you want to make sure you can use both adrenaline abilities every time they are not in cooldown because it fits to your gameplay and the purpose of your build.
Depending on your choices, you will have to pick some of those adrenaline generators.