As reported by Gamebreaker.tv, the game tracking site Raptr now has Guild Wars 2 sitting in the #1 spot for most hours played, narrowly beating out League of Legends, which is know to dominate the top spot. Here is the complete Top Ten list from Raptr:
- Guild Wars 2 — 250,281 Hours Played
- League of Legends — 237,146 Hours Played
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 — 206,376 Hours Played
- Battlefield 3 — 167,155 Hours Played
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim — 165,073 Hours Played
- World of Warcraft — 152,336 Hours Played
- Minecraft — 122,364 Hours Played
- Madden NFL 13 — 102,821 Hours Played
- Team Fortress 2 — 95,359 Hours Played
- Halo: Reach — 78,169 Hours Played
While this is imperfect data, as not every gamer is tracking their play time with Raptr, ArenaNet can certainly claim, in the words of Jason Winter, to have “one of, if not the, most-played games in the world”.
You can see the full report here.