For months, players have been asking how their achievements in the first Guild Wars move over to Guild Wars 2, and where they go for those rewards.
An ArenaNet blog post published this morning sheds some light on how players entering Guild Wars 2 for the first time Saturday will redeem awards tied to their Guild Wars 1 accomplishments.
As the post indicates, all newly-created characters on Guild Wars 2 accounts linked to a corresponding Guild Wars account will receive a special in-game item to go to their Hall of Monuments:
Once there, speak with our old friend Kimmes the Historian (in his newer, slightly less-corporeal state) and he’ll show you a list of Hall of Monument reward items you have unlocked. You can select any of the items, at any time, for any character you make on your account.
Use the Hall of Monuments Portal Stone again to transport yourself (and your rewards) back to your former location. It’s that easy.
Portal stones are created only once per characters. According to a Guild Wars 2 support page on the Hall of Monuments, the stones are account-bound, so if you accidentally delete yours, simply create a new character and move the stone into your inter-character bank storage.
To see your prior accomplishments and how they carry over to Guild Wars 2, visit the Hall of Monuments Reward Calculator.
Rewards for Guild Wars 2 fall into the following breakdown, and the full list is included after the break:
- Heritage armor skins appearing like Guild Wars promotional armor (six pieces)
- Historical armor skins (four pieces)
- Unique weapon skins (16 pieces)
- Rare, charmable pets (four pets)
- Unique minipets (four total)
- Nostalgic character titles (10 total)
This is the full list of rewards available, sorted by the type of item. Numbers before each item corresponds to what you need in points to get it. To see what the rewards look like, visit this page on the Guild Wars 2 wiki.
ARMOR PIECES – These sets of armor are available…
- 1: Heritage footwear – Shoes, Boots, Warboots
- 2: Heritage leggings – Pants, Legguards, Legplates
- 3: Heritage chest pieces – Great Coat, Jerkin, Warplate
- 4: Heritage handwear – Gloves, Armguards, Gauntlets
- 5: Heritage shoulderwear – Mantle, Shoulderpads, Pauldrons
- 6: Heritage headgear – Masque, Bandana, Warhelm
- 12: Baroque Mask (headgear)
- 18: Heavenly Bracers (handwear)
- 24: Icelord’s Daidem (headgear)
- 30: Fire God’s Vambraces (handwear)
NOTE: Heritage armor is designed to look like armor seen in the original Guild Wars campaign advertisements, posters, box art, character creation and more. Listed above is the three armor classes, in light/medium/heavy order.
WEAPONS – These weapons are available
- 7: Gnarled Walking Stick (staff – similar to GW1 Nicholas “The Traveler” Sanford’s walking stick)
- 8: Living Shortbow (shortbow – similar to GW1 Dryad Bow)
- 10: Fiery Dragon Sword (sword – similar to GW1 Fiery Dragon Sword)
- 11: Diamond Aegis (shield, similar to GW1 Diamond Aegis)
- 13: Centurion’s Claw (dagger – similar to several GW1 unique daggers, inc. Ungues of the Oni)
- 14: Wheelock Rifle (rifle – inspired by the wheelock used in self-igniting guns around 1500AD)
- 16: Wayward Wand (scepter – similar to GW1 Wayward Wand)
- 17: Seathunder Pistol (pistol – looks like a fish)
- 19: Deldimor Mace (mace – similar to GW1 Deldimor Scepter)
- 20: Chimeric Prism (focus – similar to GW1 Chimeric Prism)
- 22: Ithas Longbow (longbow – similar to GW1 Ithas Bow, a Prophecies EBGames preorder item)
- 23: Fellblade (greatsword – similar to GW1 Fellblade)
- 25: Ice Breaker (hammer – similar to GW1 The Ice Breaker, a unique drop from Mighty Grawls)
- 26: Flaming Beacon (torch – unlike any other item)
- 28: Stygian Reaver (axe – similar to GW1 Stygian Reaver)
- 29: Mountaincall Warhorn (warhorn – similar to Stormcaller in GW1 Nolani Academy mission)
RANGER PETS – these pets are available should you have the point, BUT ONLY FOR RANGER
- 15: Black Moa (terrestrial companion, based off of the GW1 pet)
- 20: Rainbow Jellyfish (aquatic companion)
- 25: White Raven (terrestrial companion)
- 30: Black Widow Spider (terrestrial companion)
MINIPETS – These minipets are available.
- 9: Orange Tabby Cat
- 15: Orrian Baby Chicken
- 21: Rockfur Raccoon
- 27: Red Servitor Golem
TITLES – players with the appropriate number of points can earn and wear these titles
- 5: Traveler
- 10: Guild Warrior
- 15: Rift Warden
- 20: Chosen
- 25: Ascendant
- 30: Closer to the Stars
BONUS TITLES – These are the only things available AFTER 30 points.
- 35: Ghostly Hero
- 40: Flameseeker
- 45: Legend of the Mists
- 50: Champion of the Gods